- Pink matte satin (Peau de Soie) from OnlineFabricStore.Com
- Pink beaded sequin fabric from BigZFabric (note: It’s colored more closely to my photos, not the stock ones)
- White cotton poplin
- The pattern was drafted by me (top and skirt), and closes at the left side w/an invisble zipper like the original. For the top, you can use pretty much any basic top w/princess seams to alter for the top. Butterick puts out a fantastic one that I actually used for a LOT of costumes before I started drafting my own. It is by far one of the most versatile patterns I’ve ever found. The skirt is a pleated half circle skirt drafted by me using a similar method found here, but using knife pleats like the original. I didn’t actually hem any of my heavy satin until I had the skirt part finished. I also felt like the bodice didn’t have enough going on, and ended up sewing even more sequins all the way around.
- Pick the beads and sequins from the seam allowance. Trust me on this. It takes FOREVER but it’s worth it in the long run.
- The skirt has TWO pink petticoats underneath for volume, though I may take some out at some point. I sewed white tulle to the bottom of one of the petticoats to give it the same look as Rose’s dress.
- Take your time. I broke so many needles while sewing the top, even with picking the excess off. It’s not worth losing an eye due to a flyaway needle.
Progress and Dress Photos